Yacht Nett Riviera adds another layer of safety to your yacht?
What are flame retardants?
Flame retardants are chemicals that are applied to materials to prevent the start or slow the growth of fire. They have been used in many consumer and industrial products since the 1970s, to decrease the ability of materials to ignite.
Flame retardants are often added or applied to the following products.
- Furnishings, such as foam, upholstery, mattresses, carpets, curtains, and fabric blinds.
- Electronics and electrical devices, such as computers, laptops, phones, televisions, and household appliances, plus wires and cables.
- Building and construction materials, including electrical wires and cables, and insulation materials, such as polystyrene and polyurethane insulation foams.
- Transportation products, such as seats, seat covers and fillings, bumpers, overhead compartments, and other parts of automobiles, airplanes, ships, and yachts.
Many flame retardants have been removed from the market or are no longer produced. However, because they do not easily break down, they can remain persistent in the environment for years. They can also bioaccumulate, or build up in people and animals over time.
Flame retardants are an invisible protection against the potentially devastating impact of fire.
The Flame Retardant formulas Yacht Range has been developed to exceed the performance standards required.
- We are Trained and Licensed professionals.
- Safe on most materials. Including Silks and Viscose materials.
All flame retardants under MGN 580 complying to IMO 2010 (FTP) Code must be applied by a Service Provider that is approved by a Nominated UK Body appointed under Statutory Instrument 1999 1957 to ensure compliance to the Code.
A range of textiles have been treated with flame retardant formula & have been tested to the exact requirements for Bedding, Upholstery, Curtains, Drapes, Floor & Wall Coverings of IMO 2010 (FTP) Code.
Flame Retardant products is uniquely Skin-Friendly, Non-Corrosive, Non-Toxic and Environmentally Friendly.
Flame Retardant also contains a Virocide, Biocide & Fungicide that is particularly effective against Noro Virus, MRSA, MSSA, Mold & Mildew.